Thanks, Scott McLeod for starting this challenge:
When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post on your blog, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag.
Feel free to also put the URL of your post in the comments area so others can find it!
I love it. Here are mine:
We need to stop pretending…
- that learning comes in a box…enough of boxed and pre-packaged curriculum materials! Learning is messy!
- that kids come in a box…kids are not standardized. Even when they have been born in the same 365-day span, kids have different needs, interests, and abilities.
- that it’s acceptable to do outdated things because they “worked” in the past. It’s not the past.
- that letter grades are the best and most useful feedback related to learning
- that covering material and giving a test is the same thing as real learning and growth